Musings

After spending about 12 years with the first ever corporate I joined after my MBA, I resigned very recently. It was not an easy decision to make. A lot of discussions with my mentors, my well wishers, assessing the many pros and cons were done before taking this giant leap of faith. 

While I started discussing with the professional circle about this change and to some friends, what surprised me was the 'assumptions' that many had jumped into. Being a mother of a 13 month old now, the many reactions ranged from 'oh good choice to spend time with the little one'; 'family responsibility matters' and more. It got me thinking if it were my husband who had mentioned about his resignation would people have assumed the same then? The coversations would rather be "oh congratulations, where to next?" Or "lucky charm your daughter is, where is the next?" 

It's been decades since we have been screaming about Gender Bias and to see that nothing much has changed even now did break my heart. How long before we accept a career women can also be a great Mother? Making a switch now because I do want to grow in my career does not make me any less of a Mother. Am greatful and thankful for the amazing support system I have that I did not have to consider this as a show stopper for me. 

And then there were those amazing circle of people around me who cheered me and convinced me more than I already was that indeed it was the right time for me. It is because of such few human beings- the men and women, we still have some balance in the world, without which we would have been doomed centuries ago.

 I do hope and wish that henceforth atleast when you hear a colleague resigning - irrespective of the gender- you only consider their growth- personal or professional and not jump into conclusion. 

Cheers!
Me Myself :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Reindeer

Love is Love!

Forever and Always!